Baked Sweet Potato with Beef Chili
An unexpected taste combo featuring microwaved sweet potato smothered with our hearty Beef Chili and heaped with avocados, green onions and sour cream.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 2 opti-pack of Beef Chili
- 2 large sweet potatoes (washed with poked holes from a fork)
- 8 oz (226g) shredded cheddar cheese
- Olive oil
- Green onions
- Sour cream
- Fresh parsley
Makes 4 stuffed sweet potatoes.
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Microwave sweet potatoes in the microwave oven for 5 minutes.
- Coat sweet potatoes with oil. Roast for 10 to 12 minutes in the oven until skin blackens in spots.
- Meanwhile, heat the Beef Chili according to package instructions.
- Split sweet potatoes in half. Top with chili and shredded cheddar cheese. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the oven or until golden brown and bubbly.
- Top with diced avocados, green onions, sour cream and fresh parsley if desired.