Roasted Red Pepper Egg & Cheese Bites
This delicious variation on the traditional French sandwich tops slices of sourdough bread with cream cheese, ham, cheese and our Roasted Red Pepper Egg & Cheese Bites.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- 1 piece Cuisine Adventures Egg & Cheese Bites
- 2 slices of sourdough bread
- 2 tbsp (30ml) butter, soft
- 25g cream cheese
- 2 thin slices of cooked ham
- 50g Swiss or Guyère cheese, grated
- To taste, chives
- Preheat oven to 450°F (232°C).
- Place a parchment paper on a oven-safe baking sheet.
- With a 2″ round cookie cutter, cut one of the 2 slices of bread. Lightly toast the slices of bread, then butter one side of each bread.
- Heat the Egg & Cheese Bite 1 minute in the microwave oven.
- Assemble bread, cream cheese, ham and 3/4 of the cheese into a sandwich. Keep the slice of bread with the round cut on the top.
- Place the Egg & Cheese Bite in the bread hole and sprinkle with the rest of the cheese.
- Place on the baking sheet and heat until the cheese becomes golden (about 1 to 2 minutes).
- Decorate with the chives.