Egg Frittata with a Smoked Salmon Rose
Veggie & Swiss Cheese Egg Frittata
Dress up your frittata like a delectable cupcake by adding a rich creamy dallop of cream cheese topped with a smoked salmon rose.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 2 minutes
- 2 Cuisine Adventures Veggie and Swiss Cheese Egg Frittata
- 2 slices smoked salmon
- 1 tsp (5ml) capers
- 2 tbsp (30ml) cream cheese
- Fresh dill to taste
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Prepare the Egg Frittata according to the package directions.
- Spread the cream cheese on top of each frittata.
- Make a rose with the smoked salmon and put it on top.
- Sprinkle with capers, dill and ground pepper.
Chef ‘s Note
How to make smoked salmon roses
- Roll about an inch of the 3-inch salmon slice tightly, for the center of the rose, then roll the rest of the slice loosely around the center.
- Pinch it together from the clean edge, so the thin, ragged edge represents the petals.
- Hold the rose from the base then use a fillet knife tip to gently peel back the rolled salmon slightly, to open up the smoked salmon rose.