French Onion Mac n’ Cheese
French Onion Soup
A perfect weeknight dinner, you can cut your cooking time in half by using our French Onion Soup as the base ingredient in this recipe.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20-30 minutes
- 2 opti-packs of Cuisine Adventures French Onion Soup
- 2 cups (500ml) water
- 3 cups (750ml) uncooked Cavatappi noodles or other short curly pasta
- 2 tbsp (30ml) butter
- 12 ounces (340g) Shredded Swiss, Gruyere or similar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F (200°C).
- In a twelve inch deep skillet with a cover, remove all packaging and place frozen soups in pan with water. Bring water to a boil over high heat, and add pasta.
- Cover and cook until the pasta is of the desired tenderness according to package directions, stirring occasionally
- Turn off heat, add butter while stirring. Add cheese in 2-3 batches continually stirring until most of the cheese is melted. About 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Butter 8×8 baking dish. Pour mac n’ cheese mixture into a baking dish and spread it out evenly.
- Sprinkle an additional 4 ounces (113g) of cheese over top and bake for 15 minutes until top is browned and bubbly. Serve warm and enjoy!