Grilled Haloumi, Tomatoes & Eggplant Skewers
Assorted with our delicious Cuisine Adventures appetizers, these vegetarian skewers are a real summer delight!
1 box Mini Sausages and/or Spanakopita Cuisine Adventure
1 clove (5g) garlic, crushed
1/2 bunch (40g) parsley, chopped
2 Tbsp (30g) capers, rinsed and roughly chopped
1/2 unit (25ml) lemon, juiced
2 Tbsp (30ml) olive oil
8 ea cherry tomato
100g halloumi, cubed
200g eggplant, cut into 2cm cubes
Salt & pepper to taste
** If you use wooden skewers soak them in cold water before starting the recipe.
- Whisk the garlic with the parsley, capers, lemon juice and olive oil then season to taste.
- Reserve 2 tbsp of the marinade, then toss the remaining marinade with the tomatoes, eggplant and halloumi. Set aside for at least 20 minutes.
- Thread cubed halloumi, eggplant and whole cherry tomatoes onto skewers.
- On a hot chargrill or BBQ, sear the skewers for 2-3 minutes on each side, until the tomatoes just start to burst and the halloumi is golden.
- Place the skewers on a serving plate and pour over the remaining marinade,
- Serve with Cuisine adventure appetizer of your choice.
You can also add veggies of your choice!