Perfect Salsa Verde
Mini Cheese & Chorizo Empanadas
The spicy flavours of this quick-to-make Mexican green sauce are the perfect match to our yummy Cheese & Chorizo Mini Empanadas.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 24 units Mini Empanadas Cheese & Chorizo Cuisine Adventures
- 1 lbs (500 g) tomatillos fresh or canned
- 1 Medium white onion, cut into chunks
- 1 to 2 Jalapeno chilies, seeds removed
- 1 to 2 Garlic cloves, grated or very finely chopped (optional)
- 1 Bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 Lime
- 2 tsp (10ml) salt
- Add onions and jalapeno to a food processor and pulse till roughly chopped.
- Add tomatillos and pulse until a reasonably smooth salsa forms.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the chopped leaves of one bunch of cilantro along with the salt and the juice of one lime.
- For best results, cover and refrigerate for at least 30-60 minutes to allow the flavors to develop.
- Prepare mini empanadas according to the package directions.
- Serve the empanadas with the salsa verde.