Spanakopita Za’atar Topping
Take our Greek-cuisine-inspired Spanakopita in a whole different direction with the unexpected flavour of Za’atar, an herbal citrusy spice blend from the Middle East.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
1 Box of Spanakopita
- 1 tbsp (15ml) dried crushed thyme or oregano
- 1 tbsp (15ml) ground cumin
- 1 tbsp (15ml) ground coriander
- 1 tbsp (15ml) toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp (15ml) sumac
- 1/2 tsp (2ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes (optional)
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
- In a baking dish, bake Spanakopita for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix all the spices together.
- Top the Spanakopita with the za’atar mix. Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve warm.