Warm skillet Spinach & Artichoke dip in a sourdough bread bowl
Easy and delicious, a sourdough round filled with Spinach and Artichoke dip then baked in a skillet.
2 opti-packs of Cuisine Adventures™ Spinach and Artichoke dip
12 to 16 Oz (350 to 500 g) Round sourdough bread
3/4 cups (190ml) Sharp Gruyere cheese, shredded
1/8 Tsp (0.62 ml) Green onion, finely cut
- Preheat oven to 425F .
- With a serrated knife, cut a round out of the top of your Sourdough bread round, leaving 1-1/2 inches around the outside of the round and about 1 ½ inches deep. Gently pull the slice out of the top of the bread and set aside. Cut slices around the outside of the bread round, slicing down in about 1 inch intervals, slicing about 2/3 of the way down the side. Place bread round into your skillet. *Cut the round that you removed from the top into cubes and toast or serve plain with your finished bowl.
- Prepare dip according to the box instructions.
- Spoon your dip into the hollowed out center(it may sit above the top of the bread at this point but that’s ok). Once filled, gently pull the slices around the outside outwards a bit. This will allow them to toast, but will also make your hallow a little bigger, so your dip should drop down into the bowl some more.
- Loosely cover top of bread bowl with a piece of aluminum foil and place into preheat oven. Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven. Remove and discard aluminum foil. Sprinkle top of dip (and onto the tops of the bread as well), with the additional shredded cheese for topping. Return to the oven and bake a further 5 minutes, or until cheese is golden.*If toasting additional bread cubes, scatter on baking sheet and place on the rack under the bread bowl for the last few minutes of baking(after the cheese has been added).
- Garnish with the green onion and serve warm in the skillet.
This recipe can also be prepared on the barbecue. Wrap the hot skillet handle if searing hot from the oven or BBQ, just so no one is tempted to grab a hold of it!