Everything Slaw with Mini Sausages
Franks In A Blanket
Crunchy veggies and a savory vinaigrette make this simple coleslaw recipe the perfect side dish for our Franks in a Blanket.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 4 minutes
Refrigeration Time: 1 hour
- 16 Mini sausages
- 3 cups (750 g) red cabbage, shredded
- 4 cups (1 kg) white cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup (125 g) carrots, shredded
- 1 cup (150 g) Granny Smith apple, seeded, cored and shredded
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30ml) honey
- 2 tbsp (30ml) mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) caraway seeds
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) black pepper
- Whisk together all the ingredients to make the vinaigrette in a large bowl.
- Add the cabbage, green onion, carrots, and apple to the mixture.
- Toss to coat evenly, cover and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour before serving.
- Preheat Mini Sausages, according instructions on the box and serve with the slaw on the side.