Hot Sauce with Parmesan Franks in a Blanket
Franks In A Blanket
Add some delicious heat to our fun easy-to-prepare Parmesan Franks in a Blanket with this spicy sauce made from fresh Thai chilies and shredded carrots.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Waiting Time (maceration): 2-7 days
- 1 box of cooked Parmesan Franks in a Blanket
- 1 pound (453g) fresh thai chilies
- 1 cup (50g) shredded carrots
- 2 tbsp (30ml) coarse salt
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) white vinegar
- Process chilies and salt in a food processor until you have a coarse purée. Place the puree in a large glass jar with the grated carrots and cover. Set the jar on the countertop and let sit for 12 hours, which is enough time for the mixture to begin to ferment slightly.
- After 12 hours, stir the vinegar into the chili mixture. Let sit for at least 24 hours and as long as 7 days. This allows the sauce to continue to ferment and the flavors to blend and deepen.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Transfer to a jar or bottle and store, covered, in a refrigerator for up to 4 months.
- Used either to dip in or even used to glaze if thinned out with water or additional vinegar.
Note: sauce will separate, shake before using.