Onion Soup Bread
French Onion Soup
Savor the exquisite tastes of our French Onion Soup baked right into the dough of this warm delectable party appetizer.
Preparation Time: 60 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- 2 French Onion Soups (Thawed)
- 600g homemade dough (substitute water for the broth of the onion soup)
- 1 cup (250ml) butter, melted
- 1 cup (250ml) panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup (250ml) parmesan, grated
- 1 cup (250ml) swiss cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup (60ml) panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp (15ml) dry parsley
- Generously butter a bundt pan. Set aside.
- Using a sieve, separate the solids from the broth of the French Onion Soup. Use the broth for the dough and the solids as garnish.
- Combine topping ingredients in one bowl and combine garnish ingredients in a second bowl.
- Melt some butter.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and cut into various sizes. Dip the dough balls in the butter to coat. Roll in the parmesan and panko mix. Place them progressively into the pan. Sprinkle the topping mix to the top. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm and humid place for 45 minutes.
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Remove the plastic wrap and bake for 40 minutes. Immediately unmold on a serving platter. Let cool for 15 minutes before serving. Eat warm.