Franks with Cranberry Orange Mostardo
Franks In A Blanket
This sweet cranberry and orange mostardo makes a perfect dipping sauce for our Franks in a Blanket.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 1 box of Parmesan Franks in a Blanket
- 1 (250 ml) cup sugar
- Juice of 1 orange and zest finely grated
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) mustard seed, whole
- 1 bag (12 oz) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dry white wine
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) dry mustard
- Sea salt to taste
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the sugar, orange juice, orange zest, water and mustard seed and bring to a boil. Carefully stir in the cranberries and return the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries have softened and the mixture has reduced slightly, about 20 minutes.
- Pour the wine into a large bowl and whisk in the dry mustard, then stir in the cranberry mixture. Let cool completely. Season with salt. Makes about 3 cups.