Spanakopita with Greek Salad
This classic Greek salad made from cucumber, green pepper, onion, tomatoes and olives is the ideal accompaniment to our delicious Spanakopita.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 8 to 12 Cuisine Adventures Spanakopita
- 1/2 english cucumber, cubed
- 1 green pepper, seeded and cubed
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced into rings
- 3 Campari tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup (125ml) pitted kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup (125ml) cubed feta cheese
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15ml) red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15ml) lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp (2ml) dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 tsp (1ml) each salt and freshly cracked pepper
- Heat Spanakopita according to package directions.
- Greek Vinaigrette: Meanwhile, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Toss together cucumber, green pepper, onion, tomatoes and olives; top with feta cheese. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Serve with Spanakopita.